Friday, June 21, 2013

Joyful Anniversary


I still wake up fascinated that we are in the Middle East.  We have been here 7months and have finally made ourselves at home.  I could feel at home anywhere I was with my family.  I have spent 15 years today (+2 dating) with my woman.  Wherever she wants to run off to, I'll gladly follow.  Wherever I run off to, she will help me pack my bags.  I'm the more adventures but hey, look where she brought us.  Actually, she has supported me every year of our time together.  I've dragged her through new and difficult times with my job and she has joyfully partnered with me through the past years in Cumming, GA and twelve amazing years in Sharpsburg, GA.  Now its my turn to follow.  We wanted to give this place a shot and I said let's go for it.  Wherever she is, I wanna be.  

She has a bit of wisdom that always makes me say, "she might be on to something."  I wish I had her intuition.  She sees and feels things way before I catch on.  She senses things about people and I eventually see it and think, she is amazing.  

We love trivia together.  Lately we have been doing date night at the Rugby Club surrounded by the British tongue.  We have met some great people and that has been fun for us. Trivia is one place we collaborate well.  Honestly, I wouldn't care if we were just staring at each other in a cafe.  Wherever she is, I wanna be.  

We joke about our kids and how much either is like us.  But I've had the privilege of homeschooling our 6yr old.  I see how much I want Brooklin to be just like her mother.  Brooklin would be an incredible teacher who invests in her kids education but also would take the extra step and know something personnel about every student (all 50 something).  Jamie uses that to her advantage while teaching but they know she genuinely cares.

Jamie has such an effect on her kids and coworkers because all people matter to God and therefore they matter to her.  Really get to know people and you can change hearts and do great things.  That's why every teaching year has been positive, even turning difficult parents into partners in education by years end.  She speaks her mind, she isn't afraid to be honest, and if you ask her what she thinks, be prepared for a point and honest answer.

So here we are 15yrs into marriage and I'm staring at her by the pool side, she is dressed inappropriate for this country but its a private pool so I'm overjoyed I get to see this eye candy.  Too much?

I am so in love with this woman of my life.  God has curiously blessed me beyond what I deserve.  I take that for granted way too much.  We have always joked about the future together.  15 years ago when we started the turmoil of our first year I would guarantee we would have never thought of moving out of the country.  It's amazing what 15 years does to people.  I can't wait to see where we are and how we have grown in 30yrs.  But it really doesn't matter....wherever she is, I wanna be.    
- Jeff

"What are we doing for anniversary?"  Nothing yet but the night is still young and you get paid on Tuesday!  

1 comment:

  1. Dang Jeff!!! That was beautiful. And you make me cry. You are both lucky to have each other. And unlike my normal sarcastic self.....I really mean that. Love you both and can't wait to see your family next month.

    ReplyDelete