Friday, March 1, 2013

Moving In!

Well we made it! We spent the first night in our new place last night. We moved into a place called The Village. We are now called the "village people". I think they have shirts, seriously. This place is so stinking huge I can loose my kids in here. It have a huge flight of marble stairs, 5 bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths. Wow!! Neither one of us have ever lived in anything this large. We are gonna have to hire a part time maid b/c seriously if you know me, that much cleaning, that ain't happening! We have been to the mall every day this week buying stuff for this place. My question remains, will we ever be done?? Jeff is my new handy man-he hooked up washing machine & dishwasher. The washer & dryer is one unit, you turn it on, it washes and dries in one machine. BRILLIANT-come on America, get w/ the program. He also put together my vanity table. Did not want one, but there are no plug-ins in the bathrooms here so I'll be getting ready in the bedroom @ 5 am. Poor Jeff:o) we were told we don't receive a bill for power & water, we just call whenever. WHAT? Who can remember that. We will forget & call in a couple of months & the bill will be outrageous. We have a lovely pool here, but there's no water in it. They said it would be ready in 2 weeks (of course they said that 2 years ago).  Each room has its own air control which is cool. I have been scrubbing floors and cabinets until I'm so tired. The woman that lived here before was so gross. Well I'm going to go now and sleep in what they call a king bed, but actually it's very small (Jeff and I have bumped foreheads during the night-ouch. If anyone ever wants to send a care package-ha! Ha! - Jamie
Our address:
Jamie Skinner
P.O Box 88888
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
056 3379820

1 comment: