Thursday, May 2, 2013

Missing you...

When you move all the way around the world you find you miss so many things!!  We miss:
  • Olive Garden-this is my daughter's favorite place to eat-she loves the breadsticks 
  • Waffle House-what can I say, nothing like ingesting grease 
  • Old Navy-love shopping here, so it's really a no brainier 
  •  Chick-fil-a-as Jeff says, Jesus chicken is good 
  • Castaways Consignment-this is my hometown store & it is awesome!! 
  •  Evergreen Chinese-located in Carrollton, this place is wonderful & priced well
  • CCC-Community Christian Church-best place to worship & serve God ever!! 
  • Walmart-kinda sad to admit, but it's true, even miss the lines
  • Mexican-chips/salsa/cheese dip-no Mexican here!! Terrible I must say
  • flea markets, etc-do you really think they have cheap shopping places here? Uh, no! 
There are things we miss also, not just places:
  •  Cheese grits-being from the south, these are a necessity 
  •  Cold water-all the water from the faucet is lukewarm
  •  Dogs!-I miss my doggies sooooo much-Shadow & Midnight 
  •  Regular plug ins- hard to explain, but cords are so different here
  •  Books-oh they have book stores & books, but not most of my fav authors
  • Miss having meetings that start when they are supposed to, they say meeting starts at 7, it may start at 730 if you are lucky 
We will be temporarily coming home in July.  All the things we miss we will miss no more...for now - Jamie

3 comments:

  1. So i have not sent yall anything. Will yall se the dogs when you come home? Where are yall planning to stay? Hope we get to see yall! Name some of your favorite authors! Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we arrive in Atl on July 8th we will be staying in Carrollton. A friend has a rental home there & it happens to be vacant for July & most of August. We were blessed! I am hoping to see the dogs even though that will be hard on us & them leaving again. Can't help it b/c I love them lots. We were planning a day to go the old neighborhood & see everything at once, so maybe you could come over also. I like Susan Mallery, Debbie Macomber, Jill Shalvis & Lori Foster just to name a few.

      Delete
  2. I went to Castaways today. (Thanks for reminding me about that place). I told them about your post and that they had been mentioned from the other side of the world. Can't wait for you guys to come home, if only for a visit.

    ReplyDelete